With California facing one of the most severe droughts on record, Governor Brown declared a drought State of Emergency in January and directed state officials to take all necessary actions to prepare for water shortages.
Receive Hands-On Experience. Make a Difference!
The Internship Program Offers:
- Exposure to state politics and careers in public service
- Challenging and stimulating work environment
- Community outreach and networking opportunities
- Flexible hours to accommodate school and work
Senator Tony Mendoza represents California’s 32nd Senate District, which include the cities and communities of:
Artesia - Bellflower - Buena Park - Cerritos - Commerce - Downey - Hacienda Heights - Hawaiian Gardens - La Habra Heights - La Mirada - Lakewood - Los Nietos - Montebello - Norwalk - Pico Rivera - Rose Hills - Santa Fe Springs - South Whittier - Whittier
Interns will expand their knowledge in public policy process by working on the following:
Assisting community-based organizations
- Database development and maintenance
- Clerical tasks
- Conducting community outreach
- Constituent casework
- Legislative research efforts
- Organizing events
- Ability to follow instructions & complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly.
- College or University students with a minimum of GPA 2.5 or above
- Capable of executing multi-challenging projects
- Communication, Political or Public Relations experience a plus
- Interest in public service and making a difference in the community.
- Flexible hours. Will work with students to receive school credit. This internship is unpaid.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and hours of availability either by mail, email, or fax to:
Office of Senator Tony Mendoza
17315 Studebaker Road, Suite 332
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562) 924-4802 fax
For additional information about this internship, please contact the District Office at (562) 860-3202.